The school was founded on April 1, 1937, named "State Hsinchuan Agricultural School in Taipei", at the current address of Wage Farmers' Association. In 1945, after the Restoration of Taiwan, it was renamed " Taipei County Sichuan Elementary Vocational School of Agriculture." On October 1, 1953, the school address was changed from Wagu to Sanchung. In 1960, the school name was again changed into " Taipei County Hsichuan Vocational School of Agriculture." And in 1963, the school was again relocated at the current address of Taishan Township. Five years later, the school was renamed “Taiwan Provincial Hsinchuan High School” offering academic high school programs as well as agricultural programs, and meanwhile, an industrial division was added, with three departments: Mechanics, Electrical Engineering, and Electronics. In 1974, the original agricultural division was suspended, and the Auto Service & Repair Department was added to the industrial division. It was on August 1, 1979 that the school was finally renamed Taiwan Provincial Taishan Senior High School. Three years later, an affiliated nighttime division for extended education was established, admitting junior high school graduates. On February 1, 2000, the school was upgraded to be a national school directly under the supervision of the Ministry of Education as "National Taishan Senior High School". On January 1st, 2013,the school was renamed “New Taipei Municipal Taishan Senior High School.”.